07 November 2014

friday introductions.

There's this hashtag on Instagram #fridayintroductions where people share their answer from the question these two gals (1 & 2) put out there for you to answer.  I feel like it's a cool way to get to know people through this connective vice we call the internet and I wanted to join in ... but over here on the blog!  I may or may not answer their specific questions that they ask on any given Friday.  But will introduce myself in some way, certain weeks.

What would make the process all the more fun (and more relational!) is if you would ALSO answer the question - either in the comments or in a post of your own.  I look forward to hearing and learning about you all more too!

As it's early in the morning and those lovely ladies have not yet put their weekly question out there, I have decided to create my own:

What is something you collected or are still collecting?



As a young girl, I have collected books of many varieties.  When I was the 8 year old Sarah, I bought Janette Oke books and Archie comics.  As a 12-15 year old Sarah, I collected Nancy Drew (original or early editions only) mysteries.  In my 20s, travel books, music books, and resource books.  And my current collection(s) consist of Kinfolk magazines, recipe books, and children's books(!).

As I was thrifting the other day, I came across this old mystery - much like an old Nancy Drew.  For a $1.50 I could not leave it behind.  It stirred up huge nostalgia as I sat and read half of it during the boys' naps yesterday afternoon.  There's just something about an old book ...

__________________________________________________________________

And total side note, since when has it been warm enough in Calgary, Canada to be able to sit outside, barefoot, coat-less, snow-less, looking at green grass in November?!  I think never.

pic pix: my afternoon delight yesterday on the porch, 06.Nov.2014, at home

5 comments:

Beautiful Books and other inspirations said...

I've never been brave enough to comment on your beautiful blog, but I will today!!! Something I have always collected is also books...I have tons and tons of bookshelves filled with books that I have found at value village, yard sales and inherited from my childhood (aka. maybe even stolen off my brother's bookshelves :)!!!) but I love old, well loved books but I also love brand new books too! One of my favorite books that this post reminded me of was Trixie Belden series that I saw up high on one of my mom's shelves last time I was in her basement...maybe I should "rescue it"????
From your PEI friend...hopefully you remember me!!! Erin Stretch

Allison Jane said...

Mmmm, what a lovely idea! I collect tea cups. It started by receiving a tea cup from my grandma, way back when I was a little girl, and it just grew from there. My current collection is packed up in Calgary, but I hope to add a few to my collection from my travels here in Europe. :)

sarah nadine said...

@Beautiful Books and other inspirations - Erin! of course i remember who you are!! so happy you commented today :)

i, too, have a few trixie belden books! i'd need to pull them out to let you know their titles though. i went through a season of wishing my name was either trixie or honey, ha! you should go and rescue those books, most definitely.

books are a wonderful thing to collect ... i just hope my husband continues to support this idea and maybe one day, i'll have a huge library space! long live paper books :)

thanks for sharing, and hope you do it again some time!


xo

sarah nadine said...

@Allison Jane - you know, i've known you for half of my life and did not know this about you?!? just the other day i found the cutest tea cup at value village ... i might just have to go back and save it for you!

and, yes please! hold on to the treasures you find there! they are one of a kind and you will kick yourself if you don't (i may be saying this from experience *tear*).

love you xo

Allison Jane said...

@sarah nadine - truthfully, i never really thought of my tea cups as a collection. Not until i was packing them all up did i realize how many i had, and how important they were to me.

yes, i already miss some of my things i had back in Canada, and they are just packed up! I guess that's why they are called treasures. :)

love you xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails