16 September 2014

none but jesus.

In the quiet, in the stillness 
I know that you are God

In the secret of your presence 
I know there I am restored

When you call I won't refuse
Each new day, again I'll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion 
I know you're sovereign still

In the moment of my weakness 
You give me grace to do your will

When you call I won't delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in you Lord
All of my hope
All of my strength
All my delight is in you Lord
Forevermore

Hillsong United

This picture was taken just over 2 months ago ... not as I sit here in my kitchen at midnight, waiting for my cookies to bake!  

But something reminded me of this picture/moment as I've been baking to unwind from the day.  The knowledge that I can be restored whatever it is that I may be doing, whenever during the day it may be.  If that be having an "ahhhhh" moment as a butterfly lands in your hand or comfort food baking after a long day of discipling your toddler and trying to keep your teething 10 month old comfortable -- He (my Father, my Rescuer, my Savior) gives me grace and restores me.

God, my shepherd!  
I don't need a thing.  
You have bedded me down in lush meadows, 
   you find me quiet pools to drink from.  
True to you word, 
   you let me catch my breath 
   and send me in the right direction...
Psalm 23:1-3 The Message

There's no more perfect time or circumstance than right now to reach up to Him to give you power to overcome and be given revitalization ...

... and there's no one other than Jesus who can renew you to find this new strength.

pic pix: a pretty sweet creation miracle I got to be part of, Jul.2014, Fish Creek Park


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails