08 May 2014

He will quiet you.

Through Instagram, I heard about a tragic accident that killed a 3 year old boy last Friday.  I don't know the family, nor had I heard about them before it became public.  After the moment I first read about it, I couldn't seem to shake it.  My heart aches for those parents ... I can't begin to know the first feeling of what they must be going through.  A sadness stirs in me when I hear of any parent that has lived beyond the life of their child.

For the past couple of days, it's just been like a non-stop "buzz" inside my head.  It's been a battle to keep fear of the unknown at bay and worry even further.  

Not knowing how else to control my thoughts, I simply asked God for a "quiet mind"...
quiet: (verb) make or become silent, calm, or still

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Zeph. 3:17

It's like the picture of the rocks in the snow.  The heat of the sun is just starting to thaw the cold.  Slowly, the warmth melts away the frost and the colors and the textures of the rocks make their show. Sometimes, when that "cold", lonely, and a hopeless feeling is around me, the frigidness can get to me and I feel covered up...as if I have to listen to the shouting fears and worries swirling around in my head.  But when the sun comes out, to melt away all the cold, everything becomes exposed.  There is a clarity as the stones bask in radiant heat.  Just the same, there is a clarity when I embrace His heat [His love], my thoughts get quiet.

How beautiful of a promise is that?  He will make me quiet with His love.  Noise, fear, worry can all be quieted with His love.  With an embrace or a gesture that I know as love (for you it may be an action or words you hear.  For me, it's the gift of beauty in front of me), my being can be quiet.  still.

Receive His love today.  Let your heart be quieted.

pic pix: stones outside of Blackstone Inn, 02.May.2014, Canmore, AB

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails