22 April 2014

thoughts. things.

This weekend's surprise party had been coming for a while.  Not only had it been consuming all my extra time running errands, contacting vendors and guests, etc ... it was eating up all my mental space!  Spare moments would be spent thinking about how I was going to be able to pull it off!  That said, I took a bit of a break from blogging last week, missed it terribly, and can't wait to be on my regular writing schedule again!

my job.
I know I post stuff about my kids all-the-time ... it's just hard not to.  They're my career.  I want to do my very best to make this a successful one.

the big 3-0 - getaway.


Matt turned 30 on Saturday.  So naturally, I had to plan a string of surprises for him(!).  Thankfully, he is such a good sport and even though he started catching on to 'something going on', he never pushed it, but just enjoyed everything that came his way.

We got to spend the night out in the mountains, toddler-free (thanks mom & dad).  We spent the night at a hotel with an impeccable view, ate some awesome food, reminisced about some fun times we've shared together ... celebrated his life.

the big 3-0 - surprise party.

If you follow me on instagram, you'd know we like to try out new and old pizza places and/or make pizza ourselves.  So, the party theme "Plaid and Pizza" certainly matched our weekly habit indulgence.  Almost everyone wore plaid, we ate pizza, and I think you can fill in the rest!  To top of the plaid-y bit, my sister made an awesome plaid cake and chocolate coconut cake pops.  SOoooooOOoOoOO delicious!

easter.

It was Hunter's first Easter, and wasn't allowed to eat any treats (much to his chagrin!).  He grabbed bunnies and chocolate but wasn't able to nab it for gnawing!  Judah took a keen interest in consuming as much chocolate as possible while we read through the easter story together.  I'm going to have to make a video of him saying, "He is Risen"... darling boy, he is.

camping.
After our Palm Springs trip, we decided that we are probably going to plan more vacations within driving distance.  If that is the case, we've loosely talked about investing into some type of camper.  Since my brother-in-law bought an airstream last year, I've been dreaming about how I'd like to remodel one(!).  And though a trailer would be sweet, we both like the idea of a tent trailer.  So who knows what we'll end up doing!  There are so many interesting camping options: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails