10 February 2014

free and whole.

This is my view presently ... just kidding.  Wish it was!  Instead, I'm in bed.

I've been fighting a migraine the past two days and it is ugly this time around.  After seeing my naturopath today, I found out my body is also fighting another wicked virus.  "Again?" I ask myself.  Double ugh.

It's during bouts like these that you begin to realize how much to be thankful for.  Healthy children, healthy minds, healthy relationships ... our health period.  

The actual word "health", means: to be FREE from illness or injury, the root word meaning WHOLE.  When we can say we are healthy in body, we mean that our body is absolutely loosed from any bug or illness.  When we refer to healthy relationships or something not physically related, we are saying that we are free from yucky things like mental sickness or regret, shame, unforgiveness, grudges, etc. 

"The One that God sent speaks God’s words. And don’t think he rations out the Spirit in bits and pieces. The Father loves the Son extravagantly. He turned everything over to him so he could give it away—a lavish distribution of gifts. That is why whoever accepts and trusts the Son gets in on everything, life complete and forever!" John 3:34

Isn't it cool that God allows us to be free from messy stuff in our lives?  He has forgiven us completely and made us whole?  He allows us to be healthy.

This thought - helping me get through this day.

pic pix: the beautiful ocean, Apr.2013, Mexico


1 comment:

fawne said...

I know I'm pretty much the most pathetic person on the planet for leaving comments but I love, love, love your blog. So glad you're writing often and know that I am reading even though I don't say much. :-) Hope you're feeling better and so glad you get to head south soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails