07 January 2014

what do i know.


NEVER BE AFRAID
T O  T R U S T  A N
UNKNOWN
F U T U R E
T   O    A
K N O W N 
G O D
c o r r i e  t e n  b o o m

unknown: | ,ən'nōn |
(adjective) not known or familiar

Even when we think our lives are dull, there is always an uncertainty in our futures.  An adventure, have you.  As boring as my life may seem or have seemed at certain points, never could I call exactly what would take place in that certain hour/day/week/year.  

It really is a mystery.  

Life, that is.  What comes next...we just don't know.  It can seem like a never ending cycle of being out of "the know" when each day we face is not predictable.  Until we focus on what we DO know.

"And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him..." ~ 1 Chronicles 28:9

Before time began, there was a Creator who created the existence of time.  Before we could think our own thoughts, it was He who thought of us.  Before we could wonder what our futures would hold, He wondrously fashioned our very being...

Now, the question I ask myself (and you!):

Do I trust my God [who I do know] for what awaits me in the future [that which I don't know]?


pic pix: ready to take the plunge into the "unknown", 30.Dec.2013, Calgary Zoo

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Corrie Ten Boom! That name takes my breath away. She trusted God and had an amazing life to show for it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails