16 August 2013

happy weekend.


"I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." 
Winston Churchill

I love this little boy so much.  I feel more, hurt more, laugh more...all because of this wee face.

This morning, I've already faced some of the most challenging moments that I've encountered with him yet.  He's teething again, and this time with a vengeance.  His understanding that things aren't "normal" helps, but equally as much doesn't, as I can't explain it all to him.

My little meltdown this morning (after poop got everywhere-don't ask!, tears were coming down both of our faces, our colds flaring up into coughing fits...blah blah blah), caused me to think deeply about the quote above and how my relationship with Father can be a lot like me and Juju's.

My understanding has grown ... but I can't understand it all.

I go through growing pains ... and all He can do is comfort me, love me as I have to go through it.

Even though I want to learn, explore, and try new things ... it's hard to be taught how to do 
something when all I want to do is know it and have mastered it already.

Not sure if at all you are like me, but wherever you may be within your current travel of learning, be reminded that it's okay to not have all the answers - it's normal to face frustration.  Just the same, it's natural that our Father DOES have the answers and He wants to guide us if we allow His comfort into our lives.

May your hearts and minds be open and teachable ... happy weekend!

"If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it..." Proverbs 12:1


pic pix: from our exploring walk with Uncle Jesse, K-Country, 12.Aug.2013

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails