30 May 2013

replenished.

We all go through spells.  Times of vibrancy, seasons of dullness.  Moments we find it easy to rejoice in the good things, moments we find doing that so hard.  With all of our changes going on, I've gotten so caught up in the day-to-day, "now" duties that my heart has been missing the simple.  Splashes of color have been far from my inspiration and busy noise has taken over the little bit of quiet that once existed.  

A few sundays ago, our pastor's wife was sharing something that was pressing on her heart - 
"when you know your identity, you will know how to live".  
**side note: I wish there was a podcast to link to so you could hear the whole thing!  

She was pointing out that we so often think our identity is in our role and function.  What we do, and how we do it.  We put a value on an "identity" that really isn't fulfilling.  At least not God's FULfillment for us.  But when our emphasis is put on our value and worth - i.e. 
i am a daughter of the King! - we will know how to live.

It's been exciting taking new steps since hearing her speak that morning.  God wants so much more for me than being brought down with the tasks and to-dos that I sometimes deem important.  Or getting caught up in these "spells" (like I mentioned above), mood swings, or long-lasting idiosyncrasies we chalk up to being part of our identities.

He created me (and you!) to walk in a newness of life.  to have new mercies every morning.  to live and know His presence daily!  As His daughter, I can enjoy this life and all of it's tasks and duties.  By desiring to know and learn more about God and His love for me and by making a choice to accept my identity and live obediently in it, God wants to bless me.  Replenish me.  Renew me.  Transform me.

All it takes is a choice.  A choice to believe that my identity is worth more than what I value it for.  For this choice and ultimate opportunity ... I feel like I can breath.

I feel incredibly blessed.

"Make me hear joy and gladness ...
... Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me ...
... Restore to me the joy of your salvation, 
Uphold me by your generous Spirit ..."
Psalm 51:7-15

pic pix: early lilac blooms that I couldn't wait any longer for, from my backyard, 30.May.2013

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails