05 March 2013

perfection.

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor.  Give all of your worries and cares to God, for He cares for you. 
~1 Peter 5:6-7 NLT

So be content with who you are and do not put on airs.  God's strong hand is on you; He'll promote you at the right time.  Live carefree with God; He is most careful with you. 
~1 Peter 5:6-7 The Message

I'm sitting here, speaking this mainly to myself right now.  My laundry is half folded on the living room floor (started from this yesterday morning), my vacuum is in arms reach but hasn't done it's duties on the floor since last week...projects that I've started are still in that exact state: started.  My fridge is empty because I forgot to get groceries yesterday...And honestly, the list of "imperfections"/incomplete duties continues (ugh).

I got to the point of utter frustration last night with all of these things, seriously ready to come unglued.  I felt like I was seeing no productivity, no effeciency.  "How do other moms do it?"  I asked.  "Why can't I just get it together?!" was basically what I kept complaining.  

Matt started by reminding me that I can't compare.

How many times will I have to get this principle knocked into my head?  I sometimes don't even realize that I am doing it until I start talking about what is bugging me.  Like the beginning of the passage above says, "So humble yourselves under the might power of God...So be content with who you are and do not put on airs..." it's about being modest.  By giving into the vicious cycle of comparing, I become prideful and discontent with the woman God's made me to be.  Believing the simple lie that "I'm not doing it like so-and-so," opens the door for huger lies to take over.  And fast!  God's strong hand is upon me (and you!) and He will lift us up at the time(s) He would like to use us.

Secondly, my dear husband reminded me that I can't carry all of my burdens or the destiny of my actions.

We serve a God who always has a greater purpose than we even want to or are able to see.  Why do I try and control everything in front of me as well as the end result?  It's like I actually forget that He cares for me.  If my 8.5 month old complained every single time I tried to dress him, feed him, or simply take care of him, it would be a constant battle to just give him his necessities let alone bless him with anything beyond that.

"God cares for me..." and wants me to entrust Him with every part of my life.  I need to act on that, and receive living a life "carefree" with Him.  For me, it's living a life void of stressing, comparing, complaining, etc...

He cares for you, and wants you to release any burdens to Him today.  Will you?

pic pix: there's something so beautiful & perfect about winter, Dec.2011, down the street

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails