21 January 2013

thoughts.things.


Weekend Naps ...

Matt's got this rule for the weekends (the ones he isn't working, at least).  His "rule" is that we must schedule enough time for a nap in between every activity/event that is planned.  Because he was working Saturday, I didn't follow that rule, but really wished that I did (I was so pooped!).  It's a pretty good rule!


Moving to ...

We don't know yet!  We've been on the hunt for a home (since December).  There have been some potential places ... but potential is as far as they've gotten.  Until yesterday!  Crossing my fingers that it may be "the one".  More to come on that soon (I hope!).

Visiting ...
I've had the chance to visit some friends I haven't seen in a while and get in some other much needed visits.  Being sick right after Christmas/New Years seemed to put me behind ... I hadn't even seen my sister for 2 weeks!  Got that straightened out with an IKEA visit the other day.  I also got to hold a brand new baby last week (only 3 weeks old!)...Miss Adia stole both Judah's and my hearts.  He liked giving her kisses!

Organizing ...

With a move in the near future(!), I've been trying to purge, clean, and organize!  My problem: I start the process, but end up stopping after purging because I can't clean with all of my give-away items piled up!  A good problem, just gotta get to the organizing.  I'm getting stuck how I should organize my shoes.  My system (or lack thereof) is not working ... any suggestions?!  I like these ideas: here, here, and here, but sadly do not have the space (or the amount of shoes) for them to work.

Community ...


A while back, I shared how we had been on the hunt to find a church and settle ourselves in the community there.  As of November, we've been attending this church.  Loving the challenge of the messages, feeding our hungry hearts of the truth, and embracing the warmth of the community.  It's awesome to see the way that God shows you that He hears our prayers and knows exactly what we need.  We're super pumped about it!

Besides these updates and our ever-so-darling son, our company stuff has been keeping us B-U-S-Y!  Year end, new employees, big jobs ... kind of a crazy time to be looking for a house/moving on top of it.  We're hoping these 'extras' will be as flavorful as a big cherry on top of a sundae ... a chocolate dipped bing cherry, that is :)

Here's to a -productive/busy/awesome- week!


pic pix: yesterday @ home, 20.Jan.2013

4 comments:

brittany danae said...

two weeks was wayyyyy to long! glad we got it cleared up too!! always LOVE your post sista!! love you xoxo

sarah nadine said...

well, i always love you!
xo

Allison Jane said...

I very much enjoyed this post... xoxo

I can totally relate re: give away piles interfering with clean
up/continued organization. Also the shoe issue is frustrating for me as well. Too many for just a shoe rack, but not enough for anything like a shoe wall etc...

sarah nadine said...

@Allison Jane - well, when you find something that works for your shoes ... LET ME KNOW!!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails