17 January 2013

only i can be me.

80 percent of all that we do, someone else can do.
15 percent of all that we do, someone else can do with a measure of training.
5 percent of everything that I do, ONLY I can do.
[paraphrased ~ Wayne Cordeiro]

It's true.

80% of what I do - answer my phone, check my instagram(!), sit in a meeting for me, drive my car, make dinner for my family, etc...most others could do.

15% of what I do, someone with a bit of training/coaching could do - play the piano, operate AutoCad, create a yummy soup, answer a survey for me, get Judah to bed, etc.

But 5% of what I DO, can only be done by me.

Only I can be Matt's wife.  No one else in this world can be Judah's mama.  The only one person that can make me be fit and healthy is ME!  I am the only one that can be on the pursuit to develop who I am spiritually.  Only I can can keep myself motivated to follow God and live in faith.  If I have life goals, who is going to accomplish them but me?

Though I spend a good portion of my life doing those "80 percent" items, those 5 percent items are really what shape me and set me apart as me.  What I am, who I will be known as.  My Creator, my Father, equipped me to be exactly this person.  My purpose...is to be me!

How incredible is it that we were created to be someone that know one else is or can be?!

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out, you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God-you're breathtaking!  Body and soul, I am marvellously made!
I worship in adoration-what a creation!
You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body.
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth...
All the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared,
Before I'd even lived one day.
Psalm 139:13-16


one other time I shared how blessed we are to live a v.i.p. life.
pic pix: a selfie of me holding my baby brother, from back in the day, 1990 perhaps(?!)

2 comments:

Jan Halvarson said...

cool to know - thanks for the enlightenment!

sarah nadine said...

@jan halvarson - thanks for popping by ;)

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails