24 July 2011

is it enough?


A few months ago, we went down to Montana for a quick get-away.  Very fun, beautiful, relaxing, fulfilling (shopping and all!).  While we were down there, we saw this old Ford F-700 that I VERY much liked.  Ever since we laid eyes on it, I've been trying to think of creative ways we could justify buying it...business ideas, to everyday usage (ha!)...suggestions anyone?!


Not just about this truck, but with other "things".  We have these perpetual thoughts, "If we had/knew this...", "If we could just...", and we continually look for what is about to happen.  Don't get me wrong, dreaming is what sometimes keeps me sane, but yearning to be anywhere but the present is what merits a negative perspective on life.  And really, it's not a  new message.  I've heard it from so many different sources said in so many different ways... "Carpe Diem-Sieze the Day", "Live now...", "The present is a gift", etc, etc, etc.  So, why/how do we always get back to the cycle of thinking if  (1) we know the answers or (2) have at least gotten these empathetic phrases from past thinkers who have contemplated these very same things?

Maybe I'm digging a whole lot deeper and going on a curved tangent from the simple dream of wanting to own this truck, but it has really got me thinking about what I REALLY want.  Where I want to see my life.  How I should be spending my time now.  Am I living freely...satisfied...bound to my Savior's grace?
I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.  That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.  I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.  Ecclesiastes 3:12-14 
As a heart-cry, I ask God to continually remind me of all that He has done for me ... sending us His Son Jesus, His Spirit as our Comforter, giving us grace so freely, all so that I will not be in want.

All so that I may be satisfied in knowing Him and wanting nothing more than to learn more of who He is.


pic pix: FORD F700, Whitefish, MT, April.2011

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails