04 November 2010

metamorphosis


As a wee one, my mom read my brother and I Eric Carle's - The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Everytime she would get to the word "cocoon", we would laugh in hysterics! Not really even sure why, except that it sounded funny. Then, as I got a little bit older (7 or 8) and learnt the words "photosynthesis" and "metamorphosis"... and me, being smarter than the teacher, thought I would add them to a story I wrote (which, by the way, had nothing to do with either of the subjects!). If I could only find it now ... though I think I threw it out because I was so embarrassed!

Lately, I've thought a lot about change, transformation, and how we really go through a continual alterations in our lives. Unlike the caterpillar, that undergoes one major evolving process in it's entire existence, we, as humans, get to experience every stage over and over ... metamorphosis.

"My mind, thoughts, and emotions have been a tingly tumult as of late ... the biggest result of my current life changes. Facing life as you don't know it, trying to jive within my own life's "groove", feeling like the new shoes I'm now walking in will never fit comfortably ... it's all exciting and the best decisions (house-move & job-move) I could make for myself right now ... "


I wrote this in my journal the other week, shadowed with much stirred emotion. Things are temporal, and reshaping happens all the time, and usually, I welcome it ... anticipating the opportunity to get a refreshed traction. This time I felt trapped in a cocoon - no way out, set perspective, stuck. Then ... I read this:

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing, and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

I have been transformed, renewed, and blessed by God just by seeking His will! No, not all my disruptions feel at peace, but yet, I can be sure that He will be here as I break out of this cocoon I've been in and as I go through my metamorphosis.





pic pix: butterfly in Kananaskis, AB Sept.09

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails