14 October 2010

roughed out

I looked at this bark and thought, "Is this how it was intended to be?" ...  a beauty mark, perhaps, explaining just that?




As Matt was fishing the other Saturday, I was poking around the Highwood River, trying to cocoon every color my eye could see into my camera's viewfinder.  Were the colors ever delicious!  While taking in as much as I could with the morning's light, the word "intent" answered as a whisper, replying to my thoughts...

why do the beautiful colored leaves need to fall so soon?
that is what God intended ...
is there a point to little pimple-like bumps on a log?
maybe we'll never know ... but they were intentionally put there, quite possibly to be intrigued about!
how can plants grow IN these rocks?
 it was intended that they were to grow, so growth is what the Creator allowed ...

There is intention with every creation, down to the minute details of one insect grabbing pollen from a flower so that flower may reproduce itself.  We can be awe-struck just watching "it" all happen.  When it comes time to looking at ourselves in the mirror and seeing 'creation', it can be difficult ... realizing God's intention for placing us where He has.  Yet, when witnessing such beautiful moments, I remember and relish His promises, His goodness, and anticipate what is yet to be attained as I follow Him in faith.




The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me ...your love, O Lord, endures forever - 
do not abandon the work of your hands. 
 Psalm 138:8





pic pix: eye "relishes", Highwood River, AB, Sept-10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loves this post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails