26 April 2010

it's about time



 ... TIME ...

is of the essence [Unknown]
is the justice that examines all offenders [William Shakespeare]
is ticking away [DCTalk]
(the reason for ...) is so that everything doesn't happen at once [Albert Einstein]
is free but priceless [Harvey MacKay]

It's wild how the idea of time slipping away is perpetual, continuous through the ages.  I'm convinced that it has got to be the sole thing that we try to use the most efficiently and effectively.  We gauge the productivity of our lives as a ratio of what we can accomplish to the seconds/minutes/hours/years we are given.  We apply so much pressure on ourselves to perform within this gifted window we consider precious ... this waking moment is a present (aka. the Present).

I've been working around the clock lately ... 2 jobs back-to-back with 1/3 of the amount of sleep I need!  It is only for a "time" (I reassure myself by saying so!!), and does not feel so much as a gift but as a period I cannot speed fast enough through, like driving down the highway ... behind a cop!  Slowly, the dissatisfaction of my 'current' can turn into a resentful attitude towards everything going on-within my relationships, my dreams, my career, my purpose.  Dissatisfaction can turn to unhappiness, to bitterness.  Places and thoughts we don't have the time to entertain.

View time differently today
 ... valuing the continuous breaths of air
  ... remembering the aspirations that are charging and encouraging to utilize every given moment
    ... reaching and receiving this opportune gift, changing what you can


To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven ... 
[Ecclesiastes 3:1]


pic pix: sparklers celebrating Dad's BDay, Calgary, Alberta, Jul.09

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some really great photos!!!! Keep up the work...

God Bless ~ John Craig

-Lulu said...

teeheee.. i found your blog <3

i love this.. and will take on the challenge of viewing time differently!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails